Newport Aquarium welcomes the public to experience a holiday celebration under the sea Nov. 27-Dec. 31 at the all-new Water Wonderland with Scuba Santa®.
Newport Aquarium is the only place where families can celebrate the holidays under the sea as the all-new Water Wonderland with Scuba Santa® blends the thrill of indoor bubble showers and the intimacy of uniquely holiday-themed galleries with the tradition of Scuba Santa®, who has delighted tri-state folks since 2003.
“The new Water Wonderland with Scuba Santa builds on the aquarium’s holiday tradition that we’ve celebrated for more than 10 years,” said Eric Rose, executive director of Newport Aquarium. “Nowhere else will families be able to experience what it’s like to celebrate the holidays under the sea.”
The Water Wonderland journey will also take guests through a number of holiday-clad galleries, culminating in a truly wondrous experience where families connect and interact with the magic of an undersea holiday celebration:
- –Shark Ray Bay – Guests will be surrounded by lights, dreamcicles, bubbles and holiday music as they join one of Scuba Santa’s elves in song and discover how some of Newport Aquarium’s most iconic animals celebrate holidays under the sea. Children will have the unique opportunity to meet Scuba Santa® one-one-one as he dives inside the 385,000-gallon Surrounded by Sharks tank and tell him their holiday wishes.
- –Bizarre and Beautiful – Hundreds of twinkling sea-creature lights will hang from the ceiling of the Bizarre and Beautiful exhibit as guests experience holiday music and magical bubbles while enjoying some of nature’s most amazing creatures, such as Japanese spider crabs and a giant Pacific octopus.
- –Gator Alley – Honky-tonk holiday lighting, music and decorations welcome guests at Gator Alley, the home of Mighty Mike – the biggest and baddest alligator in the country outside of Florida at 14 feet and 800 pounds – as well as Snowball and Snowflake, two of less than 100 white alligators in the world.
- –Jellyfish Gallery – At the largest jellyfish exhibit in the Midwest, guests can experience a living light show as jellyfish dance in rhythm to a holiday soundtrack while children can play tag with moon jellies at the interactive Jelly Wall.
- –Kroger Penguin Palooza – Children can write their holiday wish on a magic bubble and mail it at Scuba Santa’s Post Office inside Kroger Penguin Palooza, where five sub-Antarctic penguin species nearly 50 birds spread their own brand of holiday cheer.
Reach Magazine $5 Child Ticket: Inside its December issue, Reach Magazine will offer its Cincinnati readers a coupon for $5 admission to Newport Aquarium for children ages 2-12, a nearly 70 percent discount. This offer is valid only for visits Monday-Thursday from Nov. 30-Dec. 24 and can only be redeemed at the Newport Aquarium ticket window (no online or offsite redemption).
Buy 3, Get 1 Annual Pass Sale: In time for the holidays, guests who purchase three Newport Aquarium Annual Passes will receive a fourth Annual Pass free. The Annual Pass Holiday Special ends on Dec. 31. Existing Newport Aquarium Annual Passholders can renew their passes during this promotion to receive $3 off the renewal rate for even more savings.
For more information on Newport Aquarium, visit NewportAquarium.com or call toll free 800-406-FISH (3474).