Santa’s come and gone. The twinkly holiday lights have been taken down. School’s back in session. And winter’s only just begun.
The first few months of the year might not be anyone’s favorite. We get it. But it’s a new year, with new opportunities — and that’s truly something to celebrate!
Behold: The Ultimate Guide to Pandemic Friendly Winter Fun in Cincinnati:
1. Go ice skating.
2. Visit the Library Friends Used Book Store at the Warehouse.
3. Bundle up and take a winter walk.
4. Sign your kids up for the Spring Session at TCT Academy.
5. Visit a favorite Cincy museum – virtually.
6. Check out the American Sign Museum.
7. Check out Ancient Mayan culture at the Cincinnati Museum Center.
8. Learn about aviation at the Air Force Museum.*
9. Choose your own adventure with TCT’s Pick a Path!
10. Donate your kiddo’s extra toys through one of these local programs.
11. Volunteer with your kids.*
12. Visit the Cincinnati Zoo — the PNC Festival of Lights is up through mid-January!
13. See sea creatures (including two dozen brand-new baby alligators!) at Newport Aquarium.
14. Bundle up and walk the Loveland Bike Trail.*
15. Explore REC Center at the Cincinnati Art Museum.*
16. Channel summer by enjoying family swim at one of these indoor pools.
17. Bundle up and dig for fossils at Trammel Fossil Park.
18. Explore Jungle Jim’s — have your kids pick out something crazy to try!
19. Commemorate the inauguration with a visit to The William Howard Taft National Historic Site.*
20. Bundle up and head to Summit Park’s Nature Playscape.
21. Wander around Highfield Discovery Gardens (winter admission is just $2.75/kid!)
22. Tour the Cincinnati Observatory Center.
23. Check out the World’s Largest Indoor Train Display.
24. Take a day trip to the world’s largest children’s museum.
25. Bundle up and take in the sculptures at Pyramid Hill.
26. Conquer the Butler County Donut Trail!
27. Check out some of the city’s coolest museums — for free! — with a Cincinnati Library Discovery Pass.*
28. Spend a morning admiring the nation’s largest full-motion urban layout – Cincinnati in Motion!
29. Snow tube at Perfect North Slopes!
30. Take a staycation at Great Wolf Lodge.
31. Buy your 2021 Great Parks motor vehicle permit (just $10 for Hamilton County residents!) — then explore a new park!
32. Venture up to Dayton to explore Carillon Historical Park.
33. Channel spring by bundling up and visiting a new-to-you playground.*
34. Check out Cincinnati’s famous treehouse.
35. Peruse these 100 Things Every Cincinnati Kid Needs To Do — and start checking things off!
36. Take a road trip to one of these only-in-Ohio landmarks.
37. Visit a Columbus gem: Franklin Park Conservatory.
38. Hike Sharon Gorge Trail.
Are you out enjoying the fun? Please let us know! We’d love to see your pics, send Twitter shouts our way and/or repost your family’s smiling faces. Include @cincyparent #CPWinter in any of your posts on social media and we’ll find you.