Children ages 9-18 can now register to audition for the renowned STAR Intensive NKU and STAR Camp Red Bank programs with The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati. Auditions will be held at The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati’s new facility, 4015 Red Bank Road, Cincinnati, OH 45227 on:
- Friday, February 24 from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Saturday, February 25 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Appointments are mandatory. You must set up an audition in advance. Audition time slots are on a first-come, first-served basis.
To register for an audition please visit: www.thechildrenstheatre.com/audition.
What to Prepare:
- 1. A memorized, age-appropriate monologue (1 minute MAX). It should showcase your acting skills.
- 2. A memorized 16-bar song selection that best shows your child’s vocal range. Bring a PIANO SHEET MUSIC for your child’s song in a 3 ring binder with music CLEARLY marked. An accompanist will be provided. The sheet music MUST have the piano part, not just the vocal line.
- 3. Your child may be asked to show us dance ability, so come prepared. Wear appropriate shoes and clothing!
- 4. Upon online registration, please be sure to upload a recent 8×10 headshot and an updated performance resume; please bring a copy of your child’s headshot and resume to the audition.
- 5. Please arrive at least 20 minutes early for check-in. If we are ahead of schedule, your child may audition early.
ABOUT STAR INTENSIVE NKU:
STAR Intensive NKU program is a four-week training program for students, ages 9-18. Students are accepted by audition only and will work with leading professionals in the theater business to help them become well-rounded performers in all areas of Musical Theatre. The intensive culminates in a Musical Theatre showcase featuring some of the most popular songs from the Broadway repertoire as well as a fully produced One-Act festival! STAR Intensive NKU participants will have the opportunity to be considered for STAR Cabaret and PROJECT Cabaret, a select group of students who participate in year-round training and coaching. Participants will train with our expert teaching staff to be well-rounded musical theatre artists. STAR Cabaret travels to a major entertainment city to perform a showcase for directors, agents, and casting experts, and PROJECT Cabaret will create a Musical Theatre capstone project.
STAR Intensive Camp runs July 5 – July 30, weekdays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Northern Kentucky University. Tuition is $625 with a $150 security deposit due upon acceptance into the program. Please note that payment plans and scholarships are available.
ABOUT STAR CAMP RED BANK:
STAR Camp Red Bank is our program for gifted and talented students who are advanced in some areas of musical theatre and who have progressed beyond the basic levels of training. For two weeks in July, a select number of students will work with leading professionals in the theater business to help them improve and become well-rounded performers in all areas of Musical Theatre. STAR Red Bank culminates in a Musical Theatre showcase featuring some of the most popular songs and scenes from the Broadway repertoire!
STAR Camp Red Bank runs July 10-22, weekdays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati’s Red Bank Road facility. Tuition is $450 with a $50 security deposit due upon acceptance into the program. Payment plans and scholarships are available.