Summer in Cincinnati just got a little more fun — Newport Aquarium will reopen June 22!
The N. KY attraction announced via its social media pages this week that it would begin a phased reopening on June 22, with the first three days reserved for its Annual Passholders. Beginning June 25, the Aquarium will open its doors to the general public.
On their website, Newport Aquarium’s Executive Director Eric Rose said the Aquarium was thrilled to welcome back families this summer. He went on to explain that the health and safety of Newport Aquarium’s guests and employees was a top priority — and, as such, they will be implementing a number of new safety measures and procedures.
Here’s everything you need to know about visiting Newport Aquarium this summer:
1. Daily capacity will be limited.
Annual Passholder Reservations are required for a specific visit date and entry time.
2. Face masks or face coverings will be required for all visitors ages 3 and up.
Employees will wear face masks. For a full list of exceptions please visit our FAQ Page.
3. Temperature screenings will be taken prior to entry.
Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or more and anyone traveling in the same vehicle with them will not be able to enter.
4. Capacities in Sharky’s Cafe will be limited to allow guests to have more space.
5. Social distancing will be encouraged.
Physical distancing measures will have been put in place including physically distanced queues, marked barriers and social distancing reminders.
6. Areas where social distancing can’t be achieved will be temporarily closed.
This includes interactives, play areas and some animal encounters.
7. Increased sanitation measures will be implemented.
This includes high touch point areas being cleaned more frequently and providing additional hand sanitizing locations.
Please visit NewportAquarium.com/PlaySafe for everything you need to know for your next visit!