Every year, the National Park Trust (NPT), a land conservancy and environmental education nonprofit, encourages families to explore parks during Kids to Parks Day. With COVID-19 and the need for social distancing, the NPT is switching things up to bring the outdoors to families with Parks to Kids Day on Saturday, May 16.
This year, Great Parks joins National Park Trust to offer experiences on Parks to Kids Day.
Great Parks will be celebrating the day with special at-home opportunities to keep families connected to parks, nature and each other. Engaging activities that day include:
- Facebook Live park tours + activities, including:
- Snakes at Sharon Woods at 10 am
- Farm animal care at Parky’s Farm at 12 pm
- Pre-historic peoples tool making at Miami Whitewater Forest at 2 pm
- On demand videos, such as:
- Naturally Fit for Kids exercises
- Virtual creeking and trail rides
- Special blogs – https://blog.greatparks.org/category/parks-at-home/
- Indoor camping!
- Activities, like downloadable coloring pages, sidewalk chalk scavenger hunts and more!
These offerings support NPT in providing ways that families can interact with their parks through adventure and experiences. To learn more about Parks to Kids Day, visit https://kidstoparks.parktrust.org/.
Great Parks of Hamilton County’s mission is to protect natural resources and provide outdoor education and recreation. For additional information, visit www.greatparks.org or call 513-521-7275.