Almost two months ago, I posted a Fall Bucket List for you guys: 40 seasonal and fun activities to make the most out of everyone’s favorite season.
I feel it’s my duty to complete this list along with you — so, as of today, this is how we fare:
Have a bowl of vegan chili from Park + Vine– we had grilled cheeze, so I’m counting it!
- See the sunflowers at Gorman Heritage Farm
- Carve a pumpkin
Go on a train ride with the family– took the kids to the Zoo last week! Conquer a Corn Maze (like the 7 acre maze at Blooms & Berries!)– we LOVED Blooms & Berries
- Have an apple cider doughnut (or how about a pumpkin pie milkshake?!)
Take a fall hike at theCincinnati Nature Center – we did; we also played at the PlayScape!
- Go see Serpent Mound
Make a homemade pie– I did from the half bushel of apples we picked at Iron’s Fruit Farm Have Blue Oven Bread with homemade soup– the Madeira Farmer’s Market sells Blue Oven year-round! Do a fall craft– check Go apple picking– Iron’s is our favorite U-Pick farm!
- Take a weekend getaway in Ohio – we were sick on our planned getaway weekend; but have a reservation the first week in January so stay tuned!
Familyhay ride! – Blooms & Berries for the win!
- Visit a haunted house
- Take a Queen City Underground tour
Go see The Art of the Brick exhibit at the Cincinnati Museum Center– done; check back this week for a recap!
- Check out the Taft Halloween exhibition (go on a Sunday — it’s free!)
- Attend Kids Fall Fest at Washington Park
Go trick or treating on a day other than Halloween!– HallZOOween was a hit! Listen to The Monster Mash– family room dance party!
- Watch a Hitchcock movie with your significant other (after the kids are asleep!)
Buy a bag of your favorite Halloween candy — just for you!– on my second bag of Almond Joys Make pumpkin bread from scratch (you can cheat and buy a can of pumpkin puree)!– J helped me make mini muffins!
- Go chocolate crazy at the Cincinnati Chocolate Festival (October 11, FYI)
Buy a flannel-something (shirt, scarf, pjs)– two shirts for me, one for J. It’s like wearing your comfiest pajamas all day long — try it!
- Sign up for a Fall race
Try a pumpkin product from Trader Joe’s– pumpkin cornbread, pumpkin butter, pumpkin waffles.
- Go to Balluminaria – cancelled this year, guys!
Put up a silly Halloween decoration in your yard– ugly gourds, a ceramic jack-o-lantern and obscenely large, 30 pound pumpkin: check, check and check. Buy your children rakes so they can pitch in, then– yes! All three of my kids enjoy raking Jump in a pile of leaves!– done
- Volunteer somewhere
Visit one of Hamilton County’sGreat Parks – loved Lake Isabella Make something in your Crock Pot– pumpkin lasagna! Go for an after-dinner walk as a family before the time change hits (AKA, before November 1)– every weekend Get an early jump on holiday shopping!– in our house, Santa likes to shop early…
- Plant spring bulbs! (Have your kids choose a few from a local nursery)
Go to a farmer’s market before they close for the season– Blue Ash and Madeira are our faves Collect canned goods for a local food pantry– Montgomery Food Share