Do you feel like K-12 private school options are out of reach for your family due to cost? Actually, in many cases, it is much more affordable than you may think.
It is important that you are fully aware of the various parent choice strategies in place in Ohio and at Bishop Leibold specifically. It is our commitment to do all that we can so that families can choose our school for your children.
Parent choice options and education support for children in private schools in Ohio are quite extensive. For decades, Ohio has ranked among the top tier of states for support to families to make private schools affordable. This support includes busing, vouchers/scholarships and support to students with special needs.
The philosophy (and commitment) at Bishop Leibold is to do everything we can to ensure that the school is affordable to all families who seek our school experience for their children.
To enhance affordability and quality at Bishop Leibold, we choose to participate in programs such as:
- Ohio’s EdChoice Scholarships are family income based tuition scholarships that cover up to 100% of the tuition for participating private schools. The law just expanded family eligibility to qualify all families with a household income of $65,000 or less for a family of four.
- The State’s Jon Peterson Special Needs Scholarship (JPS) supports students that are on an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) to attend a participating private school of their choice. Scholarships fund services outlined in the IEP, and at Bishop Leibold the scholarship covers some of the tuition costs for most of the JPS students..
- The Reading Lab @ Bishop Leibold provides specialized tutoring during the school day to students who are dyslexic. Cost for students on IEP’s are covered by the JPS and parents pay a discounted rate if their dyslexic child is not on an IEP.
- The total cost of educating every Bishop Leibold student includes support from our parishes; St. Henry Church, Our Lady of Good Hope Catholic Church, and St. Mary of the Assumption.
- Generous contributors provide support toward the total cost for all Bishop Leibold students through gifts to the Annual Fund and several fund-raising projects.
Bishop Leibold PROUDLY commits to making our high quality educational and personal faith development experience affordable.
Hopefully, this information will encourage you to believe that private education is within reach for your family. You deserve to know everything that is available to your children when it comes to their education options!
For more information on Bishop Leibold and all that we have to offer your student, please visit www.bishopleibold.org.