Check out the biggest book fair ever this October!
Books By The Banks happens Oct. 26 at the Duke Energy Convention Center.
Cincinnati’s Books by the Banks is the region’s largest book fair. For one day only, the best national, regional and local authors and illustrators will be at the Duke Energy Convention Center to celebrate all things books. In addition to the ginormous book sale, Books by the Banks features book signings, panel discussions and activities for the entire family.
Books By The Banks features over 100 talented authors and illustrators.
This year’s children’s author/illustrator lineup includes Zachariah OHora (illustrator of Wolfie the Bunny and author of The Not So Quiet Library), local favorites Will Hillenbrand, C.F. Payne and Dr. John Hutton (former Blue Manatee owner!), plus a holiday homage to #TeamFiona with Richard Cowdrey and his latest fan-fiction, A Very Fiona Christmas.
In addition to a stellar lineup, visit Books By The Banks’ Kids Corner for fun activities all day long:
- 10:30 am: Once Upon a Storytime
- 11 am: Author Presentation by Erin Barker
- 11:30 am: Fishy Fairy Tales Puppet Show
- 12 pm: Author Presentation by Connie Dow
- 12:45 pm: Ferdinand the Bull with Naomi Lewin, Presented by 90.9 WGUC/Classics for Kids
- 1 pm: Author Presentation by Zachariah OHora
- 1:30 pm: Fishy Fairy Tales Puppet Show
- 2 pm: Author Presentation by Jacob Grant
- 2:30 pm: Song & Storytime
- 3 pm: The Inventive Princess of Floralee, Presented by the Know Theatre
- 4 pm: Balloon Pop
Kids Corner Stations will be open from 10 am-4 pm and include:
- Storybook STEAM Stations for Preschool and Elementary Children
- Nursery Rhyme Exploration Stations for Toddlers
- Festival Fairytale Game for Prizes
- Face Painting with Rainbow Faces
- Balloon Twisting with Rainbow Faces
- Local library mascots and storybook characters
The 13th annual Books by the Banks poster was designed by local artist Kevin Necessary and features an enthusiastic group of readers crossing the John A. Roebling Suspension Bridge — ostensibly on their way to this year’s event. (Kevin will be signing his posters from 11 am-2 pm on Oct. 26 at Books By The Banks.)
Hey, teachers: Books By The Banks is offering a special treat for educators attending this year’s Festival! All teachers can enjoy an extra 20% discount on their purchases at Books by the Banks! Bring a valid Joseph-Beth Golden Apple card or Buckeye Educator’s ID to receive the discount.
Books By The Banks happens October 26th from 10 am to 4 pm and is FREE – but you may want to set aside a book budget for all the awesome finds!
Photo credits: Facebook/Books By The Banks