Santa’s come and gone. The twinkly holiday lights have been taken down. School’s back in session. And winter’s only just begun.
*Insert collective sob here.*
The first few months of the year might not be anyone’s favorite. We get it. And we have the solution: 99 solutions, in fact. (Many of these are also free! Anything designated with an *asterisk are absolutely, totally free.)
Check out these 99 Things to do this Winter in Cincinnati:
1. Go ice skating.
2. Visit one of these 5 under-the-radar indoor playgrounds.
3. Hit up the Friends’ Winter Warehouse Sale (Jan. 17-20).
4. Embrace the winter – sled, snow tube, or enjoy some seasonal sports!
5. Explore the new Science Interactives Gallery at CMC!
6. Celebrate Winnie the Pooh Day on Jan. 18 with something sweet.
7. Take a winter walk at the Cincinnati Nature Center.
8. Burn off the winter crazies at Recreations Outlet.
9. Start 2019 off on a stylish note: sign up for a personal shopping sesh (for yourself – and maybe some friends!) at Clothes Mentor.*
10. Sign your kids up for the Spring Session at TCT Academy.
11. Go to the Taft Museum on a Sunday Funday.
12. Visit Happen, Inc. and do something creative!
13. Venture to Columbus to visit the Dinosaur Exhibit at COSI!
14. Explore the Behringer-Crawford Museum in Devou Park.
15. Check out the American Sign Museum.
16. Go ice skating at Summit Park’s Ice Rink! (Through Feb. 18)
17. Let the kids explore the Kids’ Area at Madeira Library!*
18. Make a one-of-a-kind candle at Petals & Wicks.
19. Learn about aviation at the Air Force Museum.*
20. Get up close with volcanoes at the OMNIMAX!
21. Spend an afternoon indoors at one of these Yelp-approved places for indoor fun.
22. Listen to #TeamFiona’s rockin’ playlist at the Feb. 2 Lollipops concert!
23. Take in the winter views of Cincy from the SkyStar Wheel.
24. Donate your kiddo’s extra toys through one of these local programs.
25. Tour your local fire station – for free!
26. Get creative at the Main Library MakerSpace.
27. Clean out your kids’ closets for spring and sell them to Once Upon a Child!*
28. Make something for Valentine’s Day at I.C.I. Studio.
29. Volunteer somewhere with your kids.*
30. Check out Cincy’s largest pet adoption event on Feb. 9-10.
31. Enjoy half-price admission and special winter-themed animal encounters at the Cincinnati Zoo’s Penguin Days!
32. See sea creatures at the Newport Aquarium.
33. Enjoy the arts at Second Sunday Family Showtime at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center!
35. Learn about maple syrup at one of the many Great Parks events in February.
36. Bundle up and walk the Loveland Bike Trail.*
37. Sign your kiddo up for a Families Create! class at the Weston Gallery.
38. Explore REC Center at the Cincinnati Art Museum.
39. Channel summer by enjoying family swim at one of these indoor pools.
41. Register for a family painting class at Cheers to Art in Madeira.
42. Explore Jungle Jim’s — have your kids pick out something crazy to try!
43. Celebrate President’s Day with a visit to The William Howard Taft National Historic Site.*
44. Sing along at Fiddler on the Roof, presented by Broadway in Cincinnati, Jan. 15-27.
47. Take your kids out to eat — for free!*
48. Take a class at Highfield Discovery Gardens (winter admission is just $2/kid!)
50. Perfect your laser tag game at Lazer Kraze.
51. Go on a journey to India with The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati (Feb. 16-17 and 22-24).
52. Enjoy a family friendly show at Fitton Center for the Arts.
53. Tour the Cincinnati Observatory Center.
54. Admire the bonsais and carnivorous plants at Krohn Conservatory.
55. Family hot cocoa date!
56. Get your sweetie a box of chocolates from Aglamesis.
57. Take your tot to Red Balloon Play Café for a day.
58. Get excited for Opening Day by exploring the Reds Hall of Fame Museum.
59. Check out the World’s Largest Indoor Train Display.
60. Take a road trip to one of Ohio’s 8 National Parks!
61. Take a day trip to the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis.
62. Bundle up and take in the sculptures at Pyramid Hill.
64. See what LEGOland Discover Center is all about.
65. Make a Valentine’s Day craft at your local library.*
66. Make-and-paint something for your sweetie at one of these local pottery shops.
67. Go glow bowling at Main Event!
68. Go go-karting at The Web Extreme!
69. Bundle up and take a hike at a nature preserve.
70. Take in a Madcap Puppet show.
71. Let the kids sample some Swedish meatballs at IKEA’s Kids Eat Free Tuesdays!
72. Let kids be kids – here are some awesome spots for a Kids Night Out!
73. Visit the Fire Museum of Greater Cincinnati and sit in a real engine!
74. Have a snowball fight.*
75. Run, jump and play at Run, Jump-n-Play‘s new digs!
76. Try one or all of these 20 kid-friendly things always available for FREE in Cincinnati.
77. Snow tube at Perfect North Slopes!
78. Make a DIY floral arrangement at Two Little Buds Florist.
79. Take a winter staycation at Great Wolf Lodge.
80. Enjoy some good, old-fashioned comfort food from one of these Yelp favorites.
81. Ride the Cincinnati Bell Connector all the way around the loop.
82. Buy your 2019 Great Parks vehicle permit ($10) — then explore a new park!
83. Go retro at Skatetown USA.
84. Ride the (indoor) carousel at Carol Ann’s Carousel.
85. Let the kids run wild at the brand-new USA Ninja Challenge!
86. Ride the (indoor) carousel at Carillon Historical Park.
87. Ride the (indoor) carousel at The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis.
88. Mark your calendar for this year’s FREE museum admission dates!
89. Bake Valentine’s Day cookies — get your supplies from IKEA.
90. Channel spring by bundling up and visiting a new-to-you playground.
91. Volunteer in your kid’s classroom at school.*
92. Check out Krohn Conservatory’s winter show: Fabulous Foliage (Jan. 19-March 10).
93. Spend an entire day exploring the CMC.
94. Explore the children’s museum at COSI – it’s definitely worth a trip!
95. Check out Cincinnati’s famous treehouse.
96. Warm up with a bowl of chili from your favorite local diner (or Skyline, because: Cincinnati).
97. Take a road trip to one of these only-in-Ohio landmarks.
98. Celebrate Dr. Seuss’ birthday (March 2) with one of many story times or activities around town.
99. Spring forward March 10! Do something fun with your extra hour of daylight.
Are you out enjoying the fun? Please let us know! We’d love to see your pics, send Twitter shouts our way and/or repost your family’s smiling faces. Include @cincyparent #CPWinter in any of your posts on social media and we’ll find you.