Summer’s arrived and we’re here for it.
While this summer will look a bit different in the wake of COVID-19, we’re looking forward to a season of sun, fun and family! We looked around and compiled the following list of fun ways to celebrate summer in Cincinnati — all while staying safe and healthy.
Here are 50 things to do this summer in Cincinnati – all while practicing social distancing:
(Don’t break the bank this summer! All FREE activities are designated with two **asterisks**)
1. Go berry picking at Blooms and Berries.
2. Check out the drive-thru petting zoo at UC Health Stadium.
3. Take a hike as a family.**
4. Have lunch (or dinner) at one of these picnic-worthy parks.**
5. Support the Friends of the Public Library by ordering a bundle of books from the new Garage!
6. Visit California — Ohio!! — at this worth-the-drive nature preserve.**
7. Get your steps in at the Cincinnati Art Museum’s brand-new Art Climb!**
8. Visit Pyramid Hill, Cincinnati’s only outdoor sculpture park.
9. Take a road trip to an area castle.**
10. Go camping at one of these close-to-home camp sites.
11. Throw back by watching a from-the-vault show c/o The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati’s TCT Everywhere!**
12. Go hunting for fossils.**
13. Take a night off in the kitchen by picking up carry-out from a local restaurant.
14. Celebrate National Donut Day (June 5!) with an online order from Holtman’s Donuts.
15. Have a night out at a local drive-in movie theatre.
16. Sign your kids up for a virtual summer camp.
17. Plan an *epic* summer road trip.
18. Teach your kids some essential life skills.**
19. Do some spring/summer cleaning — here’s how to recycle anything in Cincinnati.**
20. Plan an afternoon at a local bike trail.**
21. Get crafty with a take-home craft kit from a local studio.
22. Go LEGO crazy — check out a Brickworld Virtual Expo.
23. Explore a Cincy Park hidden gem: French Park.**
24. Order some outdoor toys from King Arthur’s Court.
25. Order some fresh Georgia peaches from The Peach Truck!
26. Sign up for a summer reading program from your local library.**
28. Walk across the Purple People Bridge.**
29. Wear your Cincinnati pride on your sleeve with a tee from Cincy Shirts.
30. Go old school with sidewalk chalk and some classic games like hopscotch, 4-Square, etc.**
31. Check out Shakespeare in the Park — 2020 schedule TBA.**
32. Take a nature-themed class through the Great Parks’s [email protected] program.**
33. Get STEM-spired with a Wonder Zone video from Cincinnati Museum Center.**
34. Take a trip to COSI — without leaving your home — with COSI Connects.**
35. Make Dad a special meal for Father’s Day with one of these Cincy-themed meal kits.
36. Go creek stomping.**
37. Enjoy a cold treat from a local creamy whip stand.
38. Have a water balloon fight — kids vs. parents!**
39. Get some exercise with a family-friendly virtual fitness class.**
40. Celebrate the Reds with a game of Wiffle Ball in the yard.**
41. Get a special treat from a local bakery.
42. Make a fairy garden with your kids – Blooms and Berries is a great place to start!
43. Go birdwatching — in your backyard, or a new-to-you Great Park.**
44. Pick a painting from the Cincinnati Art Museum to recreate.**
45. Get down-and-dirty in your yard — build a tree fort, make mud pies… have fun!**
46. Celebrate July 4th with homemade s’mores — use as many local ingredients as possible.
47. Combat the ‘summer slide’ (and do some good!) — buy some new books from Blue Manatee.
48. Check out some covered bridges in our Ohio Covered Bridge Road Trip.**
49. Check out a virtual Sunday Funday at the Taft Museum.**
50. Check out our list of 100 Things Every Cincy Kid Needs to Do — and see how many you can do this summer!**