Kids are expensive — but entertaining them doesn’t have to be. When your crew’s off school, you can enjoy lots of fun, family friendly things on a
dime dollar! From museums and parks to roller rinks and mini golf, it’s easy to enjoy Cincinnati on a budget — in fact, many of Cincinnati’s most iconic buildings and experiences are very affordable for families!
Here are 50 fun activities for $5 or less in Cincinnati:
1. Ride Carol Ann’s Carousel — twice! Ride tokens are just $2 each.
3. Ride bikes on the Loveland Bike Trail. Free!
4. Zip around the Beechmont Rollarena on Wednesday nights for a special deal: $3 admission and $2 skate rental.
5. Travel back to Medieval times at the Loveland Castle! Kids 5 and under are FREE; 6 and up are $5.
6. Enjoy the views from the Summit Park Observation Tower! FREE
8. Admire larger-than-life sculptures at Pyramid Hill. Admission is $3 for children 6-12.
9. Explore the Rosenthal Education Center at the Cincinnati Art Museum. Free! (While we’re at it, admission to the Art Museum is always free!)
10. Check out Third Sunday Funday at the Taft. Admission and parking are always free on Sunday!
11. Explore Big Bone Lick State Park. Free.
12. Let your inner gamer loose at Arcade Legacy. $5 for an entire hour of fun!
14. Sign up for a program at your local library branch.
15. Take an art class at Happen, Inc. (Free!)
16. Learn about Ohio History at the Heritage Village Museum. Take a self-guided tour for just $3/adult and $1/child ages 5-12. During the spring/summer months, take a guided tour for $7/adult and $3/child ages 5-12.
17. Visit the Summit Park PlayScape! Free.
18. Walk across the Purple People Bridge! Free.
19. Check out the ArtWorks murals. Download a map and take a self-guided tour with your kids! Free.
21. Visit the World’s Only Cardboard Boat Racing Museum. Free; donations accepted.
22. Check out the UnMuseum at the Contemporary Art Museum. Free.
23. Tour your local fire station. Free.
24. Fossil hunt at Trammel Fossil Park. Free — and you can keep any fossils you find! Free.
25. Give disc golf a shot at Embshoff Woods! $3 for a Great Parks day pass.
26. Check out the indoor playground at Liberty Center.
27. Be a firefighter for the day at The Fire Museum of Greater Cincinnati. Kids 6 and under are free with a paying adult.
28. Visit the brand-new Science Interactives Gallery at CMC. Free with admission/CMC membership.
29. Learn about nature at Highfield Discovery Garden. Classes are included in admission, which varies by season but is always under $5.
30. Visit the animals at Gorman Heritage Farm. Admission for kids 3-17 is just $3.
31. Visit Mt. Airy Forest to play around on the giant tree house! Free.
31. Check out the Spring Grove Arboretum, famed for its scenery. Free.
34. Walk the Ohio River Trail. Free.
35. Spend a rainy morning playing indoors at Recreations Outlet. Their Charitable Hours Special lets kids play on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings for a $2/kid!
37. Enjoy story time at Joseph-Beth Booksellers every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 10:30 am. Free!
39. Build away at the Kenwood Mall’s LEGO store. Free.
41. Take a tour of a local factory. FREE for most tours.
42. Check out the NaturePlay outdoor playscape at the Behringer-Crawford Museum. Free.
43. Admire old trains at The Railway Museum of Greater Cincinnati. Suggested donation: $4/adult and $2/child 10 and under.
44. Wander around the William Howard Taft Historical Site. Free.
46. Record a MP3, try 3D printing, create buttons and magnets and more at the Main Library MakerSpace. Free; certain activities require a nominal fee.
47. Put on your rain boots and go creek stomping.
48. Check out a Madcap Puppet show – look at their calendar for a list of their free community performances.
49. Sign up for the Montgomery Park Explorers program.
50. Check out one (or more!) bakeries on the Butler County Donut Trail. A few dollars/donut… unless you visit multiple locations along the trail!
Please note: the prices listed are for kids’ admission; adult admission varies and is sometimes over $5. However, all of these activities are 100% fun for everyone!