Winter break’s almost here, and for most area schools, the ‘break’ clocks in at over two weeks long. Wondering what to do with your kiddos over winter break? We’ve got a list of everything from arts and crafts, to holiday exhibits and entertainment, to seasonal favorites. Keep this list somewhere handy for those 14+ days home with your crew.
Without further ado, here are 40 Things to do over Winter Break in Cincinnati:
1. One word: WinterFEST.
2. Drive through the holiday lights at Pyramid Hill.
3. Visit Santa before he returns to the North Pole!
4. Enjoy the holiday trains at Krohn Conservatory.
5. Be in awe at Holiday Junction featuring the Duke Energy Holiday Trains at the CMC.
6. Get tickets to Cincinnati Ballet’s The Nutcracker — there are several *added* performances after Christmas, so you can keep the holiday spirit going strong!
7. Visit the Holiday Toy Trains at BCM.
8. Wander around the Festival of Lights at the Cincinnati Zoo.
9. Check out one of our favorite *hidden* gems: Light Up Middletown.
10. See Mrs. Claus Save Christmas at The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati Dec. 21 and 22!
11. Catch a showing of The Frog Princess at Ensemble Theatre.
12. Go to the Taft Museum to check out Antique Christmas.
13. Get creative at the Main Library MakerSpace.
14. Check out the calendar at Blue Manatee Literacy Project.
15. Explore REC Center at the Cincinnati Art Museum.
16. Enroll your kiddos in a Winter Break Camp.
17. Drop into GLASSROOM open studio at Brazee Street Studios.
18. Browse books at the Friends Public Warehouse.
19. Snow tube at Perfect North Slopes!
20. Enjoy the Great Outdoors at a Great Park of Hamilton County (get FREE entry to all Great Parks on Jan. 1!)
21. Perfect your laser tag game at Lazer Kraze.
22. Bundle up and head to a Nature Playscape.
23. Take a hike at the Cincinnati Nature Center.
24. Go ice skating at Summit Park.
25. Check out an Indoor Playground.
26. Head to open play at Recreations Outlet.
27. Enjoy some cold weather fun at the Cincinnati Zoo.
28. Go roller skating!
Museums and More
29. Spend a day at the Cincinnati Museum Center – between the Dino Hall, Science Interactives Gallery and Holiday Junction, you’ll stay busy!
30. One word: COSI.
31. Tour the Cincinnati Observatory Center.
32. Check out the Cincinnati Fire Museum.
33. See what LEGOland Discover Center is all about.
34. Go to the top of Carew Tower.
35. Check out the World’s Largest Indoor Train Display.
36. Take a day trip to the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis.
37. Go “under the sea” at Newport Aquarium.
38. Indulge your little train enthusiasts at Tower A — FREE and open at CMC through Jan. 5!
39. Take in the views at Summit Park’s Observation Tower.
40. Wonder as you wander through Destination Moon: The Apollo 11 Mission at CMC.