Winter break’s almost here, and for most area schools, the ‘break’ clocks in at over two weeks long. Wondering what to do with your kiddos over winter break? We’ve got a list of everything from arts and crafts, to holiday exhibits and entertainment, to seasonal favorites. Keep this list somewhere handy for those 14+ days home with your crew.
Without further ado, here are 40 Things to do over Winter Break in Cincinnati:
1. One word: WinterFEST.
2. Drive through the holiday lights at Pyramid Hill.
3. See Santa before he returns to the North Pole!
4. Enjoy the holiday trains at Krohn Conservatory.
5. Be in awe at Holiday Junction featuring the Duke Energy Holiday Trains at the CMC.
6. Get tickets to Cincinnati Ballet’s The Nutcracker.
7. Take a ride aboard LM&M’s North Pole Express.
8. Wander around the Festival of Lights at the Cincinnati Zoo.
9. Check out one of our favorite hidden gems: Light Up Middletown.
10. Do something family friendly for New Year’s Eve.
11. Go to the Taft Museum to check out Antique Christmas.
12. Get creative at the Main Library MakerSpace.
13. Check out the calendar at Blue Manatee Children’s Bookstore.
14. Make something during open studio at I.C.I. Studio.
15. Explore REC Center at the Cincinnati Art Museum.
16. Enroll your kiddos in a Winter Break Camp.
17. Register for a family painting class at Cheers to Art in Madeira.
18. Browse books at the Friends Public Warehouse.
19. Snow tube at Perfect North Slopes!
20. Enjoy the Great Outdoors at a Great Park of Hamilton County (get FREE entry to all Great Parks on Jan. 1!)
21. Perfect your laser tag game at Lazer Kraze.
22. Bundle up and head to Summit Park’s Nature Playscape.
23. Take a hike at the Cincinnati Nature Center.
24. Go ice skating.
25. Check out an Indoor Playground.
26. Head to open play at Recreations Outlet.
27. Enjoy some cold weather fun at the Cincinnati Zoo.
28. Go roller skating!
Museums and More
29. Spend a day at the Cincinnati Museum Center – between the Dino Hall, Public Landing and Holiday Junction, you’ll stay busy!
30. One word: COSI.
31. Tour the Cincinnati Observatory Center.
32. Check out the Cincinnati Fire Museum.
33. Take a spin on Carol Ann’s Carousel.
34. Go to the top of Carew Tower.
35. Check out the World’s Largest Indoor Train Display.
36. Take a day trip to the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis.
37. Go “under the sea” at Newport Aquarium.
38. Escape the winter at Krohn Conservatory.
39. Take in the views at Summit Park’s Observation Tower.
40. See what LEGOland Discover Center is all about.