Summer’s here, school’s out — and it’s time for some FREE family fun under the stars!
Stay up past your bedtime, pack some snacks and bring a blanket to these local parks for a free, family friendly flick this summer!
Here’s our 2017 Guide to Free Summer Movies in Cincinnati:
Wednesdays from May 31 – Aug. 30.
Movies start at 9 p.m. Schedule subject to change.
- May 31: Breaking Away (1979) “Bike-In Movie” with Cincinnati Cycle Club
- June 7: Billy Madison (1995)
- June 14: The Force Awakens (2015) with the Cincinnati Museum Center
- June 21: Hairspray (1988) with Cincinnati Pride
- June 28: 10 Things I Hate About You (1999)
- July 5: Men In Black (1997) with Cincinnati Observatory leading star-gazing and plant spotting after the movie
- July 12: Legally Blonde (2001) with Spruce Nail Shop pop-up salon at the Washington Park Deck
- July 19: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1996)
- July 26: Space Jam (1996)
- August 2: UP (2011) with Gorilla Cinema
- August 9: La La Land (2016)
- August 16: The Karate Kid (1984)
- August 23: Homeward Bound (1993) with Dogs of Cincy meetup
- August 30: Beauty and the Beast (2017) *pending release from Disney
Locations vary. All movies begin at dusk.
- June 7: Moana at Cottell Park
- June 23: Pete’s Dragon at Fleckenstein Park
- July 14: Rogue One* at Cottell Park (*PG-13)
- July 28: The LEGO Batman Movie at Cottell Park
- August 11: Finding Dory at Cottell Park
- August 25: The Secret Life of Pets at Landen-Deerfield Park
- September 8: Power Rangers* at Cottell Park (*PG-13)
Pre-show entertainment begins at 7 p.m. and movies begin at dusk. Check Liberty Center’s Facebook page for more details and summer events!
- June 7: The Secret Life of Pets
- June 14: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
- June 21: Stuart Little
Beech Acres Park amphitheater in Anderson
All movies start at 8 p.m. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- June 2: The Secret Life of Pets
- August 25: Moana (starts at 8:30 p.m.)
Village Green Park Amphitheater, 301 Wessel Drive, Fairfield, OH 45014
In addition to the movies listed below, the Fire Department offers pre-show fun and giveaways including chairs, blankets and water bottles. Activities start one hour before dusk. Movies begin at dusk.
- May 19: Finding Dory
- June 9: Moana
- June 23: The Secret Life of Pets
- July 7: Sing
- August 4: Zootopia
- September 1: Trolls
Movies shown at Memorial Park’s Independence Amphitheater in Independence, KY. All movies start at dusk (around 9 p.m.) and are free.
- June 3: Moana
- July 8: Sing
- August 12: The LEGO Batman Movie
Doors will open at 6:45 p.m., movie will begin at 7 p.m. Free and open to the public. Bring your blankets and join us for great family movies in the Blue Ash Gym! Concessions will be available for purchase.
Due to movie licensing, Blue Ash Recreation Department is unable to provide the movie titles. Please enjoy the trivia and try to guess the movie! To find out the answer or to check to see if you are correct, call the front desk at 513-745-8550:
- June 3: Star race car and his pick-up truck pal head overseas to compete in the World Grand Prix race. But the road to the championship becomes interesting when the pick-up truck pal gets caught up in a crazy adventure of his own: international espionage.
- June 24: In a world inhabited by animals, a koala owns a once-grand theater that has fallen on hard times. He has one final chance to restore this place to its’ former glory by producing the world’s greatest singing competition.
- July 22: An old man goes on the adventure of his life, accompanied by a boy scout and 500 balloons, to the forbidden Paradise Falls. On the journey, they run into someone with an evil agenda. Will they be able to defeat him and and Paradise Falls?
Movies start at dusk (around 9 p.m.) in the Lions Club parking lot.
- July 21: We Bought a Zoo (rain date July 22)
- Aug. 18: Cars (rain date Aug. 19)
- Sept. 8 Double Feature: Hocus Pocus/Beetlejuice (rain date Sept. 9)
Looking for an indoor, toddler friendly option? Check out Free Movies for Kids!
Free Movies for Kids is happening on Mondays and Wednesdays during the summer at the Kenwood Theatre, Esquire Theatre, Mariemont Theatre and Eastgate Brew & View. Doors open at 9:45 a.m. and the films should start at 10:30 a.m. Here’s what’s on the marquee:
- June 5 and 7: Iron Giant
- June 12 and 14: Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory (1971)
- June 19 and 21: Pan (2015)
- June 26 and 28: Storks
- July 3 and 5: The LEGO Movie
- July 10 and 12: The Wizard of Oz (1939)
- July 17 and 19: Happy Feet
- July 24 and 26: The Neverending Story
- July 31 and August 2: The LEGO Batman Movie
Did we miss any free movies in your area? Email the details to [email protected], and we’ll update our list!